Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I used to often get punished in school

Aamir Khan reveals he only studied till Class 12


He might be a superstar today, but Bollywood actor Aamir Khan has no qualms in admitting that he has undergone various punishments during his education days - from getting caned to kneeling down for the whole day.

"When in school, kneeling down in front of the principal's office was a regular feature. I have also been caned a couple of times. It is strange that when you get caned, you don't realise the pain instantly, but after two seconds it shoots so badly... It's awful," Aamir told reporters in New Delhi.

"I used to be more interested in sports and hence used to always forget doing my homework. Also, poor marks used to create problems for me. I used to get scolded very often," he added.

The 44-year-old actor also revealed that he only studied till Class 12 and never had a very good college life.

"My education has only been till 12th standard because after that I got into films. Even while in college for my 11th and 12th, I used to hardly attend classes because I was always busy with dramatics.

"Because of this, I didn't have a very rocking college life. But during the shoot of '3 idiots' I lived the moments of a student's life and enjoyed the way students do," said Aamir, who used to study in Narsee Monjee College in Mumbai.

Aamir along with actors R. Madhavan and Sharman Joshi was in the Capital Wednesday to promote his upcoming film "3 Idiots". Directed by Rajkumar Hirani and produced by Vidhu Vinod Chopra, the film is slated to hit screens Dec 25.

Talking about the film that is based on author Chetan Bhagat's bestselling novel "Five Point Someone", Aamir said it's not only for engineering students but for every student and parent in the world.

"The film is not meant only for engineering students. It applies to all students and parents, who want to see their kids successful. It questions what success is. It questions what a child really wants to do. It raises various issues important to this generation.

"However, it's told in a humorous way because that's how Rajkumar Hirani makes his films," said the actor.

Asked when he would again wield the megaphone, Aamir told IANS: "I don't know at the moment what I will make and when will that be. Let's see."

post by masala.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment